As we move towards the end of another eventful year, Telecoms.com has once again conducted its Annual Industry Survey, inviting fellow telecoms professionals to look back on 2019, and look ahead towards 2020 and beyond. In this report, we share with you the key findings of the survey as well as our analysis of them, with topics including: industry update, 5G, digital transformation, IoT, and OSS/BSS.
Here are a few highlights from the findings:
• Over half of the respondents think 2019 has been good, and three quarters believe 2020 will be better
• 5G, IoT, Cloud are among the priority investment areas
• Although 5G will keep rolling out aggressively in different parts of the world, 88% of respondents believe the industry should continue investing in 4G
• Budget alone will not guarantee digital transformation success, but the lack of it can be a deal breaker
• 81% of respondents see smart cities as the biggest IoT opportunity outside of home
• 70% of respondents believe BSS should undergo major changes in order to enable custom network services
We hope you enjoy the read.